I got this recipe from my mother. Rieska is a type of Finnish bread we had occasionally when I was growing up. I just baked the bread shown in the photo.
- 3 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup maltex or oatmeal
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk (maybe little less)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter.
- Add buttermilk.
- Knead a little on floured board.
- Sprinkle flour and knead until doesn’t stick to fingers.
- Grease flat pan and press dough flat.
- Poke all over with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.